Leaving notes is important for each reservation made. How will you keep track and know after a few months what was said or what still needs to be done for check-in?
This is where the ‘Comments – note’ feature comes to play.
You can leave notes in three different ways:
internal note: note visible only to you and your company
agency note: note visible to the agency who made the reservation
visible to base note: note that is visible to the charter base as well
*you can choose that the note is visible to more than one party at once (ex. Note can be internal and visible to charter base; Note can be visible to the agency and to the charter base)
Lets take a look at how a new note is created…
1. Under Booking menu tab, go to Yacht Reservations and choose the desired reservation in which you want to create a note.
2. To add a new note and see your existing comments go to Edit reservation.
3. In the edit window, go to Comments tab which consists of all notes regarding this reservation (agency notes too if made visible by them).
4. Under Comments tab you can add new notes and/or edit existing notes. Lets start with adding a new note first by pressing the Add new button.
5. A pop-up window will appear in which you type your desired note. At the top of the pop-up window, you can see there are two checkboxes.
Internal note: tick this box if you want the message only to be visible to you as a fleet operator.
Agency note: if the internal note box is not selected/ticked, your note will be visible to the agency who made the reservation as well!
Visible to base: if you want your note to be visible towards the base as well, then simply press and select this box too.
In picture no. 5. (above) you can see that this new message is visible to myself (internal note) and to the base. If you want to make the visibility of the note different, then simply tick one of the desired checkboxes.
6. Remember to save each note added and/or change made to the reservation before exiting!
And that is it, a new note was created!
Lets take a look at how to edit an existing note…
1. Under Booking menu tab, go to Yacht Reservations and choose the desired reservation in which you want to edit a note.
2. Go to edit reservation in order to enter the Comments section in which your notes are saved.
3. Once your enter into the edit reservation window, go to Comments tab.
4. Under Comments tab you see saved notes regarding this specific reservation. To edit a note simply press on the edit/pencil button.
5. A pop-up window will appear in which you can edit and type your desired new note. At the top of the pop-up window you can see two checkboxes. You can freely select or unselect to whom you want your note to be visible to.
Internal note: tick this box if you want the message to be visible only to you as a fleet operator
Agency note: if Internal box is not selected/ticked, your note will be visible to the agency who made the reservation as well!
Visible to base: if you want your note to be visible to the base, then simply select this box
In picture no. 5 I have changed the visibility of my note and unselcted ‘Visible at base’, meaning that only I can see this note.
Remember to save each time before closing the pop-up window!
And that is it, you successfully edited your note! 🙂
How to interpret your notes?
The notes for this reservation are saved chronically.
The newest notes will be listed at the top and the oldest notes will be listed at the bottom.
Under column date it is also noted whether the note is ‘internal and/or visible to base’.